Clinical Nurse Educators
The team of dedicated Clinical Nurse Educators (CNEs) are committed to providing Nursing staff with the orientation, training, continuing education, and professional development needed to provide excellent patient care and to support the attainment of their professional goals. The CNEs work with Nursing staff to promote life-long learning through a variety of education and training modalities and are part of the Institute for Nursing Excellence.
The Institute for Nursing Excellence, Educational Arm, supports the Medical Center’s Mission, Vision, and Values by guiding nurses through the continuous process of learning that is instrumental to improved professional practice and exemplary patient and family care outcomes.
The roles and responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Educators (CNEs) are based on the Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) Scope and Standards. Together, the team functions as educators, facilitators, change agents, consultants, researchers, and leaders in the UCSF Department of Nursing. This CNEs are actively involved in the creation and facilitation of many education and training initiatives, including Nursing orientation, continuing education, new nurse residency programs, internal career development training programs, primary and secondary clinical research, and ongoing partnerships with local schools of nursing. The team provides education and training at both the unit and department-wide levels and collaborates with various disciplines to provide continual professional development and educational offerings and programs.
UCSF Clinical Nurse Educators
- Christine Andrade, RN, MSN, CNL, Student Coordination & Ancillary Staff CNE
- Lindsay B. Bolt, RN-BC, MS, CMSRN, PCCN-K, CNS-BC, Adult Acute & Transitional Care CNE
- Brooke Clemons, RN, MSN, Adult Acute & Transitional Care CNE
- Sabina Gonzalez, RN, MS, CCRN, Adult Critical Care CNE
- Sherrie Nameth, RN-BC, MSN, CCRN, Pediatric Critical Care CNE
- Dawn Pizzini, RN, MSN, Pediatric Acute Care CNE
- Anjal Pong, RN, MSN, CNOR, Pediatric OR CNE
- Mary-Ann Rich, RN, MS, CNOR, Adult OR CNE