2017 recipient of the Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award
This award is presented to recognize a professional nurse who through various professional activities in leadership and mentoring roles displays professionalism through effective communication of the vision and mission of professional nursing, advocacy and support for patients and staff, and whose leadership qualities demonstrate such exemplary practice as to merit recognition from peers and other professional colleagues.
- Knowledge of nursing leadership principles
- Sharing the vision and mission of professional nursing
- Advocacy and support for patients and staff
- Encouraging participation by others in decision-making processes
- Valuing feedback from all levels of the organization
- Advancing nursing through innovative ideas and initiatives
- Teaching by example
- Providing advice, counsel and support
- Facilitating professional development
The 2017 Nurses’ Week Awards ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 10th from 3-5pm in the Millberry Union Conference Room on the Parnassus campus of UCSF Medical Center.