Institute for Nursing Excellence
The mission of the Institute for Nursing Excellence (INEx) is to prepare, support, and sustain skill acquisition, life-long learning, and clinical inquiry that promotes excellence in patient and family care and the vision is to enhance, innovate, and create the best clinical practice, education and training, and research at the point of care.
INEx is a Nursing support department with three main arms: Education, Practice, and Research. The Education arm is comprised of Clinical Nurse Educators who create and coordinate education and training for the Department of Nursing. The Practice arm is comprised of Adult Clinical Nurse Specialists and Advanced Practice Specialists who oversee nursing practice for the Department of Nursing. The Research arm is comprised of Clinical Nurse Researchers, Evidence Implementation Specialists, and Clinical Research Librarians who are involved in and foster projects related to clinical inquiry, including quality improvement initiatives, evidence based practice, primary and secondary research, and innovation.
- Daphne Stannard, RN-BC, PhD, CNS, Chief Nurse Researcher & Director, UCSF Medical Center Institute for Nursing Excellence (INEx); Director, UCSF Centre for Evidence Synthesis & Implementation: A Joanna Briggs Institute Centre of Excellence
- Adam Cooper, RN-BC, MSN, Education Manager, Institute for Nursing Excellence; Deputy Director for Evidence Synthesis, UCSF Centre for Evidence Synthesis & Implementation: A Joanna Briggs Institute Centre of Excellence
- Christina Luu, Office Manager
- Linda Luu, International Program Coordinator
- Selin Soyak, System Administrator